1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar TH700 - It's Here!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jcidulka, Nov 3, 2018.

1. jcidulka

jcidulka Supporting Member

Tone Hammer 700

The 4.9 lb. (2.22 kg) Tone Hammer 700 delivers 700 continuous watts @ 4 or 2.67 ohms, 350 watts @ 8 ohms and features bass, treble and fully sweepable midrange controls. The Drive control utilizes Aguilar’s proprietary AGS circuit which adds subtle distortion and midrange punch to the sound.

Think 800 would have been a better choice. At 8 ohms, your only getting 100 extra watts (350 vs 250) with the TH700. Not that much of a bump.

But it does allow you to run at 2.67 ohms. That's good.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    scottm and ccbass71 like this.
  2. jcidulka

jcidulka Supporting Member

upload_2018-11-3_13-41-58.

scottm and 73_Blazer like this.
  3. Whats the difference between this and the ag700?

satchelbaglio likes this.
  4. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Any comparisons between this and the ag700?

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The Class D amps that advertise 800 watts are using the exact same ICE power module as the 700-watt amps like the Aguilar Tone Hammer 700 and Bergantino B|Amp. The difference is how much total harmonic distortion the designers consider when telling the marketers what wattage to advertise. So do you want 700 watts at 1 percent THD, 800 watts at 10 percent THD or 900 watts at 20 percent THD?

Even if there was an extra 100 watts, the difference in available volume would be practically indiscernible.

5StringPocket, kobass and two fingers like this.
  6. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Thanks, I was more interested in tone and sound shaping differences. Has anyone had the AG and the TH 70s side by side? I run up to 3 8ohm cabs at times so I do need the 2.67 occasionally.

I'm thinking about switching to the TH as I have the AG but don't really use the Agro, so wondering about practical differences. Any personal/practical experiences with the 2 would be appreciated.