1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar TLC Issues

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Progtastic, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Progtastic

Progtastic

Mar 8, 2010
    Dallas
    I received mine a few weeks ago, and for the most part, it works great except for a few major problems.

When I first plugged it in to my practice amp, I turned on the pedal and no sound. Turned off the pedal, still no sound. Messed with knobs to see if maybe something was causing it, still nothing both on and off. Unplugged pedal, worked fine.
    New head came in, same problem, only it would play through it off. Sent it through the effects loop, works fine. Reconnect it to the main loop, works like a charm. About a week later, I show up to a gig, same problem, absolutely no sound. Sending it through the effects loop didn't work either. Luckily a friend was also playing so I just used his amp and compressor. Got home from the gig, and worked like a charm. Week later, problem again.

Any clues as to what's going on? This is the only effect I use at the moment. I love it when it works, but this is just nuts.
    Equipment i'm using with it:

SWR Triad and SWR 550x generic cables and such. Spector Legend5 bass. I don't think it's any of that that's causing the problem. This is really frustrating.

2. I can't guess what the problem is, but Aguilar is known to have good customer service so I would consider sending it to them for repair.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah I would call 'em, or PM Dave B. here on TB.