Aguilar TLC or EBS Multicomp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pedro Cofre, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Aguilar

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. EBS

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Pedro Cofre

Pedro Cofre

Jun 22, 2018
    Chile
    I'm looking for a compressor for bass andd I am between two compressors, Aguilar TLC and EBS Multicomp. I need to know the opinion of bass players who have tried these compressors and tell me what has been your experience with these compressors. I understand that both compressors are very good, but I have not had the opportunity to try them. I have a sire v7 vintage bass, with a Hartke TX600 bass head and Ashdown 1x12 cabinet, very powerful combination.
    Cya :D
    IMG_20190429_121530527.jpg

2. Bolsyo

Bolsyo

Oct 18, 2015
    Norway
    I have been using Aguilar TLC for a few years now. I first had the famous MXR M87 which I really liked, but I got an awesome used deal on Aguilar TLC and decided to give it a try. I did a lot of back-to-back testing of those two, and I definitely preferred Aguilar TLC. Sold the MXR M87 and never looked back. I haven't tried EBS, and haven't really been interested in it, because I want the option to adjust threshold and attack.

Pedro Cofre likes this.
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Had both. Now have Keeley Bassist!

Pedro Cofre likes this.
  4. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I like the newer EBS comp. I had the older version. Empress now and always on.

sideFX likes this.
  5. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I have been using EBS to my great satisfaction...

Bassist30 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022