Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 & GS112 Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JakeyBran, Nov 22, 2017.

1. ive been wanting a new rig. Something decently powerful while keeping portability in mind.

I have the opportunity to buy a Tone Hammer 500 and two Aguilar GS112 Cabs. All three have the bags/covers and are in good condition. Guys asking a grand for the rig.

What are y’alls thoughts on this setup? I play mainly for my church and for other churches when requested. So small to medium sized venues and Modern CCM music.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    armybass likes this.
  2. That's a fair deal. It isn't a steal or anything but it is fair to both parties. Great sounding rig!

SJan3 likes this.
  3. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    My friend has that exact setup and I played through it at his house before. It's a solid setup that should match your needs well and work in a variety of situations. I'd say the price is fair considering it has covers for everything, too.

SJan3 likes this.
  4. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I have this exact rig and am very pleased. It can cut all but the loudest of gigs where you'd have PA support anyway. I think the price is more than fair if in excellent condition with covers.
    New, you'd drop around $1700 w/o covers.
    In fact, I like the Tonehammer with the GS series more than the DBs. Great full range sound; modern/vintage. It covers most desired tones. Also, extremely well built equipment.

Arthur U. Poon and BassmusM6674 like this.
  5. My exact rig as well (although I have 2 sets for outdoor shows/backup).
    It's an awesome rig. I also prefer the GS series over the DB for most applications.
    That seems like a good price if it's all in good condition and includes covers. (The cab covers new are $100 each).
    I love the covers. Keeps me from scratching up my vehicle's interior.

You might even be able to do church gigs with one cab depending on how loud you are. 2 will be plenty.
    I do fairly loud rock & roll shows with mine.

Arthur U. Poon and SJan3 like this.
  6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I also have the same exact setup and I like it very much.

7. infin8one

infin8one

Jan 7, 2008
    San Francisco
    I've had my GS 112 for years (8+) and have a TH500 on order waiting to get it in a few days. I am happy to hear that so many of you love the setup. My LMII that I purchased along with the GS112 is blowing fuses, so I took the opportunity to change it up a bit and get a "matched" setup. I love the LMII and will most likely get it serviced at some point, but really looking forward to the TH500. If I don't like however, I know that I will need to step up to the AG700 :).

With this setup, I will be "full" Aggie, MTD with Aggie OPTK pre-amp installed, TH500 and GS112... did I mention I love that Aguilar sound? lol. That and my classic Music Man rig 412-B 150 head

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021