Aguilar tone hammer 500 vs TC rh750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jscriv, May 23, 2018.

1. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Tonawanda NY
    As the title states, I'm in a pickle and ready to grab a new head. I wanna stay compact. Just looking for the TB God's advice. Let em rip!

2. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    I'm sure you're going to get a lot of heat for bringing up the TC RH head because they based their watt ratings on perceived volume rather than the actual energy being used to produce the volume. This made a lot of people upset. I have a BH800 and it rocks very loudly and I've never had an issue with being able to push enough volume. I'm sure the RH heads are the exact same way.

Lucky for you, you've chosen a couple of very good options and you'll win either way. The RH has more options of if those are important to you but either will produce great bass tone.

Not sure about the RH but my BH head only has one speaker out so you have to daisy chain your cabs together. That is the one thing I would change about the amp because I have cabs that can't be daisy chained together.

3. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I own both an RH450 and an RH750 for 4 years now and love them both. I owned an Aguilar ToneHammer 500 for a little over 2 weeks and while I really liked the tone, the highs would get lost on my gigs with the band. So away it went.

Many people like the ToneHammer though so maybe you will too. But while the Aguilar can produce more wattage, the RH750 is louder, cleaner and much more versatile by a lot. So my preference is definitely the RH750. IMHO but YMMV.

4. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
    Tonehammer 500 is really versatile, easily accessible D.I., pairs well with a variety of cabinets, fits in a bookbag and has a pretty nice overdrive sound if that's your thing. Personally I like something with tube DI, but the Aguilar is really nice.

5. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    I used an RH750 for about a year. I liked the sound but in the end I preferred my Thunderfunk. I then bought a TH500 and that replaced everything.

I love the tone of my TH500. A modern vintage tone that's right where I want to be.

6. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Tonawanda NY
    The functions of the rh seem pretty cool, but I think in the end the Tone Hammer going to win. Bassic gear review has a video up of it that I really dig the sound he's getting

7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    The RH750 has a lot of sounds in it. The technology may be too much for plug+players. For those who take the time however, it's all in there including huge volume.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021