1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aguilar Tone Hammer 500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by GoatBass, Apr 16, 2015.

1. GoatBass

GoatBass

Feb 28, 2013
    Madison, WI
    Price:
    For sale is an Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 in excellent condition. You know it, you love it. Recently acquired here on TB. Only reason I'm selling it is because I also have the TH pedal and I need to raise some funds for a backup five-string bass. I'll get pictures up soon, but it looks like every other TH500. $550 paypal firm (this is what I paid), includes shipping in the lower 48. Feel free to run trades by me; only interest is a five-string fretted bass in the $500-800 range with me kicking in $$ for the difference. Something like a Lakland Skyline would be ideal. Thanks for looking.

2. GoatBass

GoatBass

Feb 28, 2013
    Madison, WI
    Received a request for a picture and a question asking if I had the carrying case. For a picture, please see the thread I bought it from, linked below. It's in the exact same condition as I've only played it a couple times in my home and haven't gigged it. It did not come with the carrying case. What it will come with is a power cord and a top-notch bubble-wrap job!

SOLD - Aguilar Tonehammer 500/ Like New | TalkBass.com

3. I have a skyline , and am willing to trade. pm?

4. GoatBass

GoatBass

Feb 28, 2013
    Madison, WI
    PM sent yesterday. /bump

5. showtimed23

showtimed23

Jan 2, 2013
    so your pedal gives you the same tone and sound as the 500? is there any tonal difference?

6. PM sent.

7. GoatBass

GoatBass

Feb 28, 2013
    Madison, WI
    PM responded. Still available.

Re: pedal vs. amp, I find the pedal gets me close enough. The amp does have a drive control that lets you shift the center of the eq points, in effect dialing in a more vintage voicing. The pedal does something similar with the AGS switch, you just don't have as much control with the switch on the pedal instead of the drive control on the amp. I'd say that's the main difference. Obviously, whatever amp you run the pedal into is going to add its own color to the mix as well.