1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

aguilar tone hammer v/s sansamp paradriver d.i

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by thenaiverabbit, May 11, 2011.

1. thenaiverabbit

thenaiverabbit

Feb 28, 2011
    guys plz help me...which 1 is bettr????

2. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    I use a Tone Hammer regularly on sessions and love the tone I get, as do the engineers and artists. Really easy to achieve warm old school tones yet not too coloured if you dont want. The AGS Gain circuit is quite useful and musical too.
    I dont use the paradriver, so I dont have much of a reference unfortunately, but I do use a Sansamp VT into a Radial JDI, and get good results as well, but definately a more coloured preamp. I would presume the paradriver would be fairly coloured too?

3. thenaiverabbit

thenaiverabbit

Feb 28, 2011
    thanks a lot buddy.

4. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    Ahhh..
    you make me really want that thing more than I already did.:bawl:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I own both. The Tone Hammer can get a more aggressive distortion than the ParaDriver. The AGS gives a strong overdrive signal when cranked. The ParaDriver is more subtle with its Drive control. Both have excellent EQ sections with semi-parametric mid, and both are of very high quality construction. I'd say the Tone Hammer is more versatile, with a broader range of tones and distortion levels, if you're into that sort of thing. I like them both.

6. thenaiverabbit

thenaiverabbit

Feb 28, 2011
    well am not worried bout the distortion part...i hav the odb-3 fr that.i just want to hav my bass clean tones coloured and hav that punch n warmth.thanks though guys