Aguilar Users in the Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 7, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN

It would do well with the right planning.

RE: FPN, I have had that gig since June 2002, every first friday of every month and a couple scattered throughout the month there... The Band is The Squirrelheads (www.thesquirrelheads.com), kinda New Orleansy fun-time funk... your basic cover band for the masses... I have put the J Bass Plus in the living room for a little while and I have been playing a Warrior 5 string bolt on now... its the one on the 'splash-page' of my 'meager' website.

Hey if y'all ain't doing anything tomorrow (8/10, 2-4pm) and want to catch a funk-acid-jazz band play a benefit for the opening of an open-leash-dog park... I'll be playing with The Subject for the Piedmont Park Conservancy, it is located in the pocket of P'mont Park that is on the other side of the Park drive bridge that goes over to the park offices (you'll hear it, we're outdoors)... Bring your dog, Dogwood ale is a buck I think...PM for details if interested.

Back to thread content.

Stacio, since Robbie Geisler left... GC is back to being just GC!!! Very disappointing... It seems that when I want to get my gear/store/conversation fix on... I either hop on here (TB) or pay a visit to my old stomping grounds... The Northeast (Boston, NYC, Brooklyn)... Since I'm not made of $, that really can't happen much, plus I could use a satisfying day gig... (i.e., getting out of the financial industry) and do something I love.

I think that there are others that share the same sentiment on this thread and in Atlanta.

Soy, Stacio... et al.,

Could y'all find and resurect that thread you were talking about and we could get this ball rolling.

2. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey j-raj,
    I heard you guys play up at FPN that one night..good stuff!

Here is the link to the old thread....

I would love to help out, research infor on doing something in the ATL, for sure!

I may just swing by Piedmont Park tomorrow and check you all out...

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    RE: FPN

Cool, thanks.... it's just a cover thing.

RE: ATL Bass Pro Shop...

I'll start the rolling the boulder up the hill... (in other words start the proposal/business plan process)

RE: P'mont Park

Sure come on by, it is in a interesting place... It is on the other side of the bridge that leads to P'mont Part if you take Park Drive across monroe thru/to the park... Drop me an E-mail: [email protected] if interested....

got to sleep...

4. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I might have to take you up on that one day. Collier and Howell Mill is 2 minutes from here. Tea and crumpets are in order :) .
    You guys have got me hyped with the bass-only store even though technically I have sold my soul to Gard.

5. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    We should all grab some dinner one night and talk about ideas, etc...Im sure there are a lot of good ideas to be had..

Stachio, I think we've ALL sold our souls to Gard!

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think that the dinner thing is a great idea... I'm going throw out a usual day of the week that is good and from that we could do some fine tuning...

Mondays (Aug 18th, 25th, Sept 8th, 15th, 22nd 29th)... Labor Day is excluded. Mondays are usually good for me, no practices, and rarely a gig pops up on that day for most bassists.

Other than that, yeah I have not felt the wrath of Gard yet... YET!

One Question I have: If Gard is the next state over and has miles of experience, know-logy and a store with bunch of gear at his disposal (and owner of many souls)... is an ATL Bass only 'collective' Store (not to be mixed with the NYC one) worth our time to delve into?

thoughts?

7. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i am thinking like a bass dictatorship,

woody jt and soy sit around and tell everybody what they need to play..

the catchline

YOU BUY NOW!!!;)

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'd be interested in getting together and discussing the feasability of this.

9. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    That's great, Do any of those Mondays sound hip?

Might we meet at a restaurant? Venue? Coffee Shop? My Apt (depending on how many cats are willing to come out)?

Let me know....

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    restaurant would be cool. mondays would be cool, although my band usually practices mondays. as long as i have some warning i can move the practice day.

11. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    can i handle net sales? i'll work for nuthin but a discount!lol;)

12. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    OK great!, but I wouldn't want to impose any schedule conflicts.

Now we need to hear from Jason Schewmake (bassmonkeee), 'Chuck, Siff, SoyBase, Stacio, Jeff Haley, chardin.... To see if we could some input from others in the community...

Is there a way to send a broadcast PM to multiple TB'ers?

13. Stachio

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I think I could be good for Monday night with some notice.

14. Any Monday in September is probably good with me..

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Cool...

Soybase, that SC looks great!!

So with Siff, Stacio and JT chime'n in, let's hone the 'Monday evening' down to Sept 8th, 15th, 22nd or 29th.

Out of these, what works out best?

As for Location, JT you are W-NW side of ATL right?, Siff's in Decatur, I'm in the VA/Highlands (Ponce & Ponce, near the 'murder Kroger' & MJQ)... Stacio, ATL right? Something intown work for Y'all?

16. Stachio

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I'm on Cobb Pkway.
    I think that the 8th would probably be the best for me...

17. September 8th is fine with me, and anything in town works.

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    September 8th works for me.

I live in the middle of nowhere now, but I work in Midtown, so I can do in town.

The earlier, the better (as in 6:30-ish), but whatever. :)

19. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sept 8th is great for me as well.

Bassmonkeee, I would love to have that meeting early as well, but I get out of Work @ 6pm (Scary-etta) and it takes me about 20-30 to get to the VA/Highlands. Might be tight... 7:30pm?

JT? Soybean? Woodchuck?

20. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    09/08 works for me too. I work in Alpo-retta so an in town trek would take some time.

Is anyone going to bring their basses? A long time ago, back when Jon Packard lived in Atlanta, there were a few bass player get togethers. John Turner excited (frightened?) everyone with his 7 string.