Aguilar Users in the Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 7, 2003.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    When: Sept 8th 7:30pm
    Where: Vortex (L5p)

Y'all up for it?

2. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I hope there will be cold, malted beverages for sale. :D

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Sorry, chardin, but they dont sell milk shakes there..but they do have plenty of BEER!! (hardy har har)

I'll be there!

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/TheVortex/index.htm

The Vortex sounds good to me.

I should be able to make it, but, honestly, it is all going to boil down to whether I feel like sticking around in-town for a couple of hours after work since I live too far out to go home and come back.

Lazy, yes. But, you know, honest, too...:D

5. I'm all in favor of an Atlanta Bass Shop.

A year or so ago I was looking at small/light cabs and could only find two of the five I was interested in within an hour's drive of Atlanta. I had basically given up on trying the AG 12 until bassmonkee lent one of his (thanks again!).

I'll may miss the meeting since I would be just taking up space, no real small business experience and no money to invest. OTOH, it would be good to see some of the folks again.

Finally (and a bit OT), I caught J-Raj's gig with his groove jazz/funk band at the Park. Tasty and interesting music and J-R is a very solid player. He doesn't post gig spam as far as I can tell, but check his website schedule. It'll be worth your while.

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heck, if you show up, Joe, I'll make a point to stick around in town to eat a big juicy Vortex Burger just to say Hi.

I haven't had the chance to check out J Rai yet, but as I am NOT above spamming, I hope to see everyone at The Five Spot in L5P from 10-1 this Friday, August 15th!!!!!! :D :p :bassist:

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jason,

It ain't gonna be the same without ya!!! Let me know about The Five Spot, interested to know what that place is like...

***The Squirelheads and I are going to be doing our Nawlins thang at Chips in Winder friday and Wild Wing (Scary-etta) Saturday evening (weekend of squirrels gone wild! yes we have those beads)... just a little shameless plug...

Joe,

Thanks for the complement, I was worried that a TB'er was gonna show up to that gig... :D

Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone for $ to invest, this is the 'info grabbing stage', I'm interested in finding out what others have to say.

8. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Atlanta Bass Only Shop -- Ahhh, that would be sweet.

Although I'm up in Alpharetta, I think I can probably make the meeting at the Vortex.

9. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

Although I don't live in Atlanta,it's only a 4 hour drive from here in Knoxville.
    I have a gu*tarist/gearhead buddy of mine,who lives in Alpharetta,and I pop into town from time to time to visit him,and do my occasional deal hunt for pieces of gear that I'm looking for.
    I think a bass specialty shop is exactly what Atlanta has needed for a while.If you sell goods that no other shop in the area sells,and also sell your wares via the web,I bet it will be a profitable venture.
    The closest in-town competition for "botique" (spelling?) bass gear would probably be Atlanta Discount Music,but I don't know how much bass stuff they carry now.I haven't been in there since I bought my Eden head in '95.
    Since Ken Stanton has given up on Aguilar,that'd be a nice line to take on.It's also hard to find Tech 21 and Genz Benz dealers around who carries their heads and cabinets,so those companies would be a good possibilty also.
    You guys are really on to something. :cool:

10. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    bump...

11. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I think it is a great idea. I don't know if I can make it but I'll try. It is good to have bass players in the area because of all the gear that we can trade. If anyone is interested I will be playing at Fuzzy's on Tuesday August 26 with the Barry Richman band. I would love to meet you guys.
    Jeff

12. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jeff,

Tell Barry 'Jai Swann' says 'high!'... err I mean 'Hi!' :D

That Tuesday night Fuzzy's gig is a fun one. Last time I was there for that one, I caught Steve Mays with Donna and Barry, with KT on B3... That was bad ass!!!:bassist:

A while back Barron Ruth (gtr), Coy Bowles (gtr), Jason Chamison (dr) and I got him to play a gig with us up at Doc's :eek: ... He is a blast to play with! Doc's isn't a blast to play at though.:meh:

13. Grimm

Grimm

Dec 6, 2002
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I live in ATL and am curious as to how the meeting goes...I would be interested in being a part of this, but may be unable to be at the Vortex Monday.

It would be appreciated if you posted progress on this front...

Thanks

14. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    This is exactlly why I will be getting the Aguilar db680 because it is a very musical preamp.

15. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Snailplow I had the chance to A/B both Aggie db680 and the Eden Navigator at Bass Central and IMO the Aggie was just so damn good and musical and clean that I had forgot what the Eden sounded like.I did try the Eden and it was very nice but the Aggie was alot nicer.

16. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN