Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar vs. Eden Cabinents - which for More bottom end???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Oct 21, 2005.

1. In general terms, which has more of a hefty bottom end? Say, comparing the same speaker cabinest like a 1x12 vs. 1x12.... or 2x10's vs. 2x10's ?

I'm very interested in seeing what you all have to say.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My aggie 12 has much more booty than my eden 12. big booty.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well, my experience may be apples and oranges, because the Edens I've owned have all been with 10's, and my Aguilar was with 12's, but I'd say the Aguilar has more "lows", the Edens, more of a "low mid" bump.

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX

What he said.... For big bottom you can't be the GS112 I also had an Eden 410 and now own an Aguilar 410. The Aggie is a better sounding cab. Not necessarily more bottom in the 410 but definitely more flat than the eden.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Sup, dooood!!!!????

:)

6. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I have a GS210 & GS410 & have owned the GS112 & eden 210XLT & am very familiar with the 410XLT.

I think the aguilar cabs are definitley deeper. The aguilars are fatter & flatter.

My B string sounds really really great through the GS410. I just wish it wasnt so damn heavy!

7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The eden cabs have the "bump" in the low mids that makes them sound fat and sit really well in the mix. The aguilars are flatter. I've been running an all aggie rig and am in the process of switching back to Eden (though I'm taking a tangent into bergantino land at the moment). Both are good. I find eden a little fatter and thicker, aguilar a little flatter and slightly harsher in the upper mids.

Whatever you do, if you want depth and fatness, make sure one of the cabs is a 1x15.

8. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Very true on both counts. I tried a GS212, which is much lighter than the 410 while putting out a simmilar amount of sound, but I just can't get down with the tone of that cab. "Boom and Click" :(