1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar...Which To Keep?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xring, Jun 12, 2012.

1. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    I have an Aggie GS212, and an S410. Both are 4 ohm cabs. I recently picked up a Fender 610 Pro, and figure I don't need to keep both, unless I find myself doing a very large gig that the 610 couldn't handle. I leave a cab at my prac space, and have an MB115 for home use.
    Anyway, I like the tone of both, but in different ways. The 212 seems to have a clearer voice and is 13 lbs. lighter. The 410 gets it in pure volume and is brighter. Does anyone have experience with both, and which would you hang onto? Sell both and try something else? I know it's a personal decision, but I can't seem to make the call... Thanks.

2. I'd say keep the 212 and get rid of the 410. You have the Fender in case you need a louder cab. I am quite fond of 12s though so I may be biased. Never played through either of em' before so it's kind of hard to tell which one i'd pick by sound though.

3. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Yep, I'd keep the 212 also. I had one for a while and loved it (only got rid of it as I had the GS412 also)

Loooooove 12's for bass! :cool:

4. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Thanks for the advice. After switching back and forth quite a few times, there is no doubt, I will be keeping the GS212.

5. Just got myself a GS212.... Wow! Best 212 i ever heard! The drummer immediately noticed the depth in Tone I got ! Good choice to keep that one !

6. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I'd probably keep both aggies over the fender personally. But between the two it's just down to the tone you want. The S410 is tight, punchy, and textured. The GS212 is deeper, more open/bloomy, a more sophisticated and polished overall sound.