aguilar with gk head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by evilbob101, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Can I paired up an aggie gs 210( 350W power handling, 8 ohm impedence) with my backline 250 (125W @ 8ohms)? Im new to the whole amp thing. If my thinking is correct then, it would work because they both run at 8 ohms...but I wouldn't be getting the max Wattage out of the aggie. Does that sound about right? Oh, and why does that backline head say 125 W amp only?

2. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Well Evilbob101, i'm surprized no one's jumped on this question for you.
    Yes, you can run the gs210 with that head. If the 210 is an 8ohm cab then you'll be pumping 125 watts into it. If you were to buy another 8ohm cab down the road, the two cabs would run the amp at 4 ohms putting in the entire 250 watts. Or, you could buy one 4ohm cab and get the 250 into one cab. However, i'd probably stick with the 8 ohm cab in case you want to upgrade to a more powerful amp some day and you wouldn't be stuck with on 4ohm cab (I bought a 4ohm gs212 and sometimes I wish I bought the 8ohm version so I can add a 210) Does any of this make sense? I'm not very good at explaining myself.:confused:
    As far as your last question goes... I don't know. Hope this helped somewhat. I'm sure someone can answer better than I can.
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The Backline 250 is an entry level amp from GK. It runs at 125watts @ 8 ohms. It only has one speaker output labeled 8 ohms. This means only one cab at 8 ohms can be hooked up with this head. The Aggie bottom will work but you will not get the full benefit of the cabs 350 watt rating. with less than half the power to push the cab it will distort and woof when you turn the amp up loud. At moderate (home practice) volumes you should be fine.
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    It will work, just don't push it over 125. You could probably get away with 150, but I wouldn't on that cab. Don't clip it, and you will be fine. Just keep it moderate though.