Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aguilar

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nathan, Aug 21, 2004.

1. nathan

nathan

Jul 16, 2004
    I am getting a modulus flea bass with an aguilar OBP-3 preamp. I was hoping to get one with an OBP-1, but ive got too many specific details, and cant have them all. My question is, if i bought an OBP 1, would it be easy (or possible) to take out the OBP 3 and install the 1 instead?
    Thanks

2. it would be very much possible, but my question would be why? I guess you could prefer the frequency that the OBP-1 boosts over the OBP-3, but why not try it out and see if you like the OBP-3. I have one in a warmoth Jazz fiver and I think it's a great pre... then again, I always have it set flat. The times I have experimented with it, the boosts are very usable and give tones without becoming radical or useless in a band setting.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes it's possible. The obp-1 and obp-3 have different treble frequency centers, some people prefer the obp-1 over the -3 for that reason.