1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

aguilar

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nathan, Aug 21, 2004.

1. nathan

nathan

Jul 16, 2004
    I am getting a modulus flea bass with an aguilar OBP-3 preamp. I was hoping to get one with an OBP-1, but ive got too many specific details, and cant have them all. My question is, if i bought an OBP 1, would it be easy (or possible) to take out the OBP 3 and install the 1 instead?
    Thanks

2. it would be very much possible, but my question would be why? I guess you could prefer the frequency that the OBP-1 boosts over the OBP-3, but why not try it out and see if you like the OBP-3. I have one in a warmoth Jazz fiver and I think it's a great pre... then again, I always have it set flat. The times I have experimented with it, the boosts are very usable and give tones without becoming radical or useless in a band setting.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yes it's possible. The obp-1 and obp-3 have different treble frequency centers, some people prefer the obp-1 over the -3 for that reason.