Aguilargs112 to avatar ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by superflybass, Aug 15, 2005.

1. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    so how would you compare thes 2 cabs ?
    Aguilar gs112 and the avatar sb112

please give me some feed back on these for heads I have a
    EA iAMP and a yorkville xc400

basses are Spectors, MTD's, and a fender pbass

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Aguilar definitely sounds better, Avatar is definitely cheaper. Whether the difference in sound is worth the difference in price is totally up to how picky you are about your sound, and by your budget.
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'm not sure exactly what avatar 112 I heard but it reminded me of the SWR workingman cabinet sound. it is more midrangy than aguilar and not as deep as aguilar.

of coarse I agree with eric, aguilar, I think, does sound better if you like deep smooth tone from a small cab without as much mids. now that I've used aguilar I may never go back to bargain cabs, not that I really consider aguilar boutique sound like EA or others, but if you have to, check out the avatar.

4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I had the Avatar sb112 and found it pretty thin on the low end, and compared to my GK Neo112 the Avatar pretty much bites. The Aguilar GS112 probably has better low end than my GK so, Bob's your uncle.
  5. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    its intersting because so many people say how great they are but you ask for comparison to a aggie which is not to much more money and it sounds like the aggie blos them out of the water !!

damn I wish yorkville had 112 or 212 bass cabs