1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AH CRAP

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by jordan_frerichs, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    just checked musicians friend. they now have another l-2000 tribute. it is swamp ash, but only comes in natural. the other one, has the great collor varieties, but the body is bass wood. don't know what to get. the natural finish swamp ash has better wood, but the regular has the blue burst maple FB that looks awsome. with the advanced electronics, would the ash wood really make the sound any better??

2. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I just bought a Tribute L2000 blueburst in swampash from americanmusical.com

3. EW57

EW57

Aug 3, 2006
    I also saw that basswood was the wood listed on musicians friend a few weeks back & called to see if swamp ash was still available, the rep I talked to said no, but I called my local G&L distributor & was told otherwise, so I ordered a swamp ash bodied L2500 through them.

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Current Tribbys

The Korean Tribby's I believe Blueburst was basswood. Ain't no mo'

Jim

5. jordan_frerichs

jordan_frerichs

Jan 20, 2008
    Nebraska
    wait, so is the blue burst fully basswood, fully swamp ash, or basswood, with a swamp ash top and bottom?

6. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Did you look at his link? I don't know what you're confused about, it couldn't be more clear.

I have three L-2000 Tributes, one basswood and two swamp ash. They all sound exactly the same to me.