ah i broke it!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nickis thebest, Mar 13, 2001.

1. by some strange twist of fate i the little metal screw/spring thing on the bridge fell off the bridge (the "G" string to be precise) i found the little metal cylinder with the groove in the middle and i found the spring but i dont know what happened to the screw. so should i go buy some cheap unfinished screw from home depot or should i try to find a screw that is made specifically for bass?
  2. I did the same thing on my MIM P-bass and couldn't find the right kind of screws anywhere. I ended up getting a replacement bridge for about $15.00
  3. HAhaaaaaaa! You got screwed!

Seriously though dude you should just go down to your music store and see if they have something to fix it and they will most likely just give it to you because it's just a screw.
  4. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Go for the cheapest fitting alternative.
    A spec for bass will cost you.....even though it's just a screw.
    "It's the spares that make the money" (quoted from all my CEO's over the last 15 yrs)
  5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    just for your information, the metal cylinder with the groove in the middle is called a bridge saddle.

oh, and try to get a replacement from a hardware store, i doubt those screws are rare. just be sure to take one from one of your other bridge saddles with you so that you can be sure to get the size right.

good luck