Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ah I won a fret light!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Casey C., May 7, 2003.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
  2. tell me how you think of it. I don't think I would ever get one, way too flashy for me. But I admire your ability to win!

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    well, thats interesting! I've never heard of that before, so I look forward to seeing if it actually works for ya.

winning stuff is always cool!

4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I won one too! I filled that survey out a really long time ago. I wouldn't buy one, but it's cool for the price! (actually, I have to pay $10 for shipping - I'm currently deciding if it's worth it to me.)

5. A wha?

Hmm, the page is kinda corny...but it does look like something that is sorta useful and not just a hokey.

Congrats.

6. yeah if they had a site that was decent then i might be able to see about it, but right now it looks too sketchy and no info.

7. That thing is cool!!

We use chases and blackouts with our light show, 3 of our bandmembers (including me) don't mind momentary darkness (while playing). Our lead guitar player HATES when he can't see the fretboard. He would LOVE that thing!!!

:cool:

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    $10 shipping for a free gift? Has anyone actually received one of these 'free' gifts or are there a whole bunch of $10 bills stacking up in a mailbox somewhere?

I'm not saying it's a scam, but it's pretty cheap and easy to set up a website and you could easily pay for that if you could persuade a few people to send you $10...

Wulf

9. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Exactly. $10 is not a huge deal, but the thing that I won is only worth $20, so I'm not sure yet. I got to the site because it was mentioned in a thread about LED lights, and I think somebody said they had one of the Fretlord things and it was cheaper than the Sims system. You could try searching for it.

Just to be clear, I didn't win the laser thing (which is cooler) or the fret marker dot thing (which is kind of lame), I won a "LightBeamz". I don't know what Casey won, but check ut http://www.fretlord.com to get a look at their various products. They have drumbeams and various other doodads. I saw the drummer of No Doubt had some of the drum lights in his drums a while back.

10. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    At least you've got some evidence that they do actually produced the things shown on the website :)

I was thinking back to the time when I won an 'emerald' on a scratch card. I got that for free but it was a piddly little thing, more like a lump of opaque green stone than what I'd envisaged. However, they did give me the option of sending it back and paying to have it professionally cut and mounted...

Despite what they say, always look a gift horse in the mouth :cool:

Wulf

11. I won a goalie stick autographed by Jose Theodore! I don't play hockey but hey, it's always cool to win something!:cool:

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    [​IMG]

this is something i could definitely use on my fretless. dark stages and unlined boards are bad news for me right now.

13. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Yea, it would be cool if won that. No such luck. :(