Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ah its so hard to choose

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by pereek, May 12, 2002.

1. surviour - eye of the tiger

76 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. aerosmith - i don't want to miss a thing

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. ok we got enough room for one more song at our next gig
    please help us decide
    thanks
    survivour- eye of the tiger
    aerosmith- i dont wanna miss a thing

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    do eye of the tiger...............seriously.
    as soon as you hit that first chord/note people know exactly what song ur playing, its amazing to have that effect on people. its just one of those songs.
    later
    Lukas

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, do "Eye." Your singer could come out wearing red boxing shorts and a towel around his neck!

Rocky: "Adrian! Adrian!"

Mickey: "It's over, Rock! There ain't nothin' on earth gonna save ya now!"

Rocky: "Nothin's over, just gimme somethin' to drink!"

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    yeah,definitely eye of the tiger.im thinking of doing a punked-up version of that,hmmm...

5. AHH!!!

Neither!! every time i hear that damn song i want to scrape off my tongue in disgust! (i.e: discovery of "captain winky" on ace venture)

6. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    It's my understanding that the lead singer for Survivor, whatever his name is, sings on the Budweiser real American heroes commercials. You know--the Mr. pickled pigs feet eater/Mr. giant foam finger maker guy! That's what I heard, anyway, from more than one source. Anybody else heard those rumors?

7. I haven't heard that but it's a sweet rumor, i hope it's true. I voted for "Tiger" too, not only is it a cool retro song, but as much as I love Aerosmith (and trust me I'm a huuuge fan), they need to ban that song from the airwaves permanently. It's so cheesy. Plus with Eye of the Tige both chicks and dudes can get into it, whereas Don't Want to... mostly appeals to the ladies, and the dudes will be going to buy beer or take a whiz.

8. thanks for voting
    we are having troubles getting drummer to play tiger but we will beat him till he does
    lol

9. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I say do eye of the tiger given the choice between the two... I like to do less modern pop tunes... good ol 70s funkalicious tunes are great covers IMO :)

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That Aerosmith tune (Desmond Child?) is weak.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, I think it depends on how much you hate the crowd, do you want them to leave? I mean, if you do, go with the aerosmith thingy and get all the guys to take their girls out. :D I voted for "eye" also, but playing "miss a thing" would be good to get people to leave and/or go get their beer/ take a whiz! :rolleyes: Yep, that's MO, what's yours?

12. Do it the GD way!!!

"Rising up.. UH.. BANAAAAAAHAAAA!"

Billie doens't know the words, it's quite funny :D

13. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    Eye of the Tiger. One of those songs that's not just a song.

14. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I gotta go with the Tiger

15. I voted Eye of the tiger... I hate that song from Aerosmith..

16. well we managed to get drummer to play it and it went down a treat. thanks again

17. do Your a Mean One, Mister Grinch

18. Join the growing club:p

My sister sang eye of the tiger at my village's local carnival (with backing track shes only 11) and that went down really well:D