Ahh..A new band

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by evilbob101, Jul 18, 2004.

1. After a long hiatus from being in any sort of band, I joined up with some locals yesterday. Met the drummer in Wal-Mart by chance, he asked me if I played and invited me over his house later that evening. He's one of the nicest guy's I've met. He has been playing for 15 years, so he knows his stuff.

We just talked about many different things. Influences, likes, dislikes. He is a very focused individual, and very organized. Just a really stellar guy.

I practiced with them yesterday and it was amazing. We practiced at the singers place. Me and the drummer jammed for awhile. I was nervous at first, but we just started locking really quick and made some really tasty grooves.

I was still anxious for the guitar player to arrive. When he did, I just felt relaxed, like playing with old friends. We worked on two covers to warm up and then got right into writing originals. The singer and guitar player already had some stuff, so we worked on what they had.

They really just loved my style of playing. They usually had to show their former bass players how to play, basically holding their hand through each song....that didn't happen with me at all. Everything just clicked.

Well...just a story from me..I'll post updates and sound clips if everything goes well. ;)