1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ahh, college (underage drinking related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Sep 29, 2009.

1. 154al52.

^ some girl on my facebook
    its kind of funny how its like all "60 minutes later..."
    i see so many people get busted over here, its crazy.

2. Jerose

Jerose

Nov 28, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    You missed blacking out a word. Just FYI.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Sure.

4. IMO, anyone who posts anything online about drinking underage or smoking pot at that moment should be wide open to get arrested, it's just as public as walking down the street with a beer or a blunt.

And fyi I'm underage, and I have drank and I have smoked, but am currently doing neither ;)

5. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    What a bonehead.

I'm almost too old to be underage drinking so my sympathy is wearing thin with kids these days. Some people just beg to get busted. It sucks to be her. It doesn't sound like party of the year at all. She should have had Corey Delaney plan it for her.

6. +1. When you post something on Facebook, you're pretty much going in the middle of the interwebz' streets with a megaphone and going "Hey everybody! Look what I'm doing!"

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    While it's pretty rare and not always admissible in court, Facebook has actually been used by the police to detect underage drinking arrests. I think a good lawyer might be able to get you out of it if Facebook is the only evidence, but any lawyer will tell you NOT to put any information regarding the case on the internet, let alone incriminate yourself.

Set your profile to private, befriend only those who you know and trust, and don't let people take pictures of you doing a keg stand, street racing, taking bong hits or whatever, especially if you're underage. I think just about everyone has this desire to post pictures of themselves doing bad things so they look cool in front of their college buddies. The girl up above is posting her drunk business for all to see, so I'm guessing her indiscretion may have been a factor in getting busted. Everyone I know who has gotten busted for alcohol or drugs was busted because they were making noise, doing their illegal activities in public, driving terribly, or otherwise causing a disturbance.

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Does the internet just attract the stupid and strange?

9. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    You are here aren't you?

On topic - facebook status updates, and to an equal degree, twitter are just and extension of the inflated sense of self-importance that people feel today. If you need to tell the world that you're drinking underage to make your self feel more important, then you deserve to get caught. In my day, we just did it. We weren't drinking to be cool, we were drinking to have a good time. I guess that's why I never caught on to the whole binge drinking thing, it stops being a good time at that point.

10. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    :D Im more of the "strange" tho. Better than stupid IMHO :p :smug:

11. Lol. I don't have to worry about this anymore.

I like to make fun of underage drinkers, because it unnecessarily stokes my overinflated ego, and because I turned 21 3 days ago.

HA HA.

12. I got a rootbeer kegger on my 21st :hyper:

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    iChatImage491866789.

14. Rub it in, why don't ya. How many kegstands have you done so far? :p

And I'm assuming that all those people on FB were girls for some reason. Just a hunch.

15. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    You really should get the re-master on blu-ray ;)

16. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I really hate people like that, like "woo i am so cool i finally moved away from home and can face book while i am drinking". Its kind lame i know kids that just go on and on about it . I started drinking when i was like 14 and you keep quiet really whats so impressive about it , i am allready burnt out on drinking, causes problems , fights , arrests and one night stands.

Most police dont even care about you being under age and drinking i walk home everytime and only got one MIP in about 200 drunk nights. I find it weird how excited these 18+ yearolds are to drink , it shows how immature they are and that the drinking age should be 21.I also think every kid needs to get drunk before they move away to college so they know what its like and dont go to college and knock or get knocked up.

17. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Really? 'Cuz I hate people that brag about how early they started drinking, and how many super badass things they've allegedly done.

Weird.

18. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Why can't people be low key?

19. None, so far. This is what happens when all the people you know move to Richmond...
    Lol srsly? Cause I didn't do either of those when I moved away to college, and I turned out okay (or DID I? We're still trying to figure that one out...). Maybe it's cause I grew up around alcohol, and I knew from the start that getting trashed wasn't always the point. or some other reason, I don't know.

windmill-beard_medium.
    But your argument is invalid.

20. kevin_n

kevin_n

Mar 30, 2007
    You just made my day, sir :D