1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ahhh! Lacquer Head!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Good day everyone,

Last night, I was up until 4 am (technically this morning) listening to Primus's song Lacquer Head and of course watching the videos on YouTube. This morning, I decided to try to play the bassline, but I could not get it.
    On the videos, it seems that Les thumbs muted E string while does two muted taps or something of such which I do not know how to do...
    Can anyone offer some advice on how to play it?

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I felt the same way when I first started trying how to learn it. Search the Recordings or Tablature section. I think I've gone over it before.

3. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    I think this topic would fit better in Misc. since it is music related.

4. Could you send me a link? I'm having trouble finding it...

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

This definitely doesn't belong in Off Topic. I mean, TaBz are ALMOST not musically related, but still...:meh:

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Thumb's not on the E but the A. He's fretting the A on the 2nd fret of the G string and hitting dead notes on all the other notes. He first uses his thumb, then slaps his left hand on the fretboard, then yanks the A with his fingers, then slaps the left hand into the fretboard again, repeat over and over.