Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ahhh no!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I was practicing with one of my bands today. I was doing this little slap lick and immidiately my sound cut out of my Avatar B410. The only sound I could here was coming from my horn. Any idea on what happened? The speakers are still in great condition.

Thanks

2. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Check the connections to the speakers by removing the jack panel. Also, check to make sure the solder connections at the jacks are still solid. If they're not, there's your culprit.

4. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Thanks for the reply. I'll be checking this out ASAP.

5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Anytime, hope it helps!

6. There also might be a crossover in the cab. Some crossovers use little light bulbs (automotive 'dome' light kind) as a protection circuit...and sometimes they blow. It happens occasionally with peak wattage spikes. You might want to check that out.

7. It is my understanding there is no crossover in the Avatar 410. They use a simple capacitor to filter the horn.

This means the drivers are wired in a series/parallel arrangement. If all (4) drivers have quit, you have lost one of the two jack wires, either at the jack or a common connecting point at one of the drivers.

Simple fix.