Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AHHH so hard to choose!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DerekP, Oct 29, 2005.

1. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    i've been spending some time shopping for a new bass and today is the day i make my choice, either an sr5, Thumb b/o 5 or the double $$ 5, its so damn hard to choose cause i love them all, i'd take the thumb hands down i just dont know if its going to be warm enough for what i play in my band, but man that growl...and the sr5 and the double buck 5 are both a little more warm and would probably fit better but that thumb is so hard to turn away... hmmm just had to ask for some last minute input.

2. if the thumb is what turns you on you should get it!! i'm sure you can make it fit your music :).. you should always do what your heart tells you

3. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Dude, be realy happy that you have this choice. Also, is there a refund system at this shop? If there is, get the thumb, and play it with your band. If the thumb isn't the thing, then refund and try one of your other selctions.

4. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    +1. If the thumb works better for you personally, chances are it'll end up sounding better in the band anyway. Does that make sense?

5. I've got a thumb 5 BO, and I don't think it's as much of a "one trick pony" as people make it out to be. You can get lots of tones out of it.

1: thumb
    2: $$
    3: SR5

6. DerekP

DerekP

Jul 24, 2005
    Toronto, On
    so i decided to go with the thumb 5 ( i got it on a 30 day exchange or money back deal)i love the tone i get out of my rig with it its so punchy and crisp :)...... so i figure im going to take it to some band practices and some gigs see how i like it, if it doesnt sound as good as i think it will live or just at jams, ill return it and get the double $$ 5 . will post pics soon.