1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ahhh...winter fat

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DougP, Mar 19, 2005.

1. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    went for my first bike ride of the year today. about 50 degrees outside when i went. course i am completely out of shape from the winter. but sure feels good to be out getting some excercise in decent weather for a change.

i used to live in san diego, i sure miss being able to ride almost year round, i am too much of a wuss to go out riding when its below 45-50 degrees. ha ha

anyone else excited for the biking season?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I don't bike, but the Mrs' is getting one from me for her b'day in May (actually I'm getting it within a month).

I did spend a good long time working in the yard today... bright, sunny and warm here in Jersey

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    anyone else excited for the biking season?

My friends around here have been mountain biking all winter this year. I bought a ski pass, and only got in 16 days, but I'm still ahead of the curve for the last few winters, lard-wise.

The bike and the windsurfing equipment both are gonna get broken out real soon, if the weather pattern holds.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Last fall I just got a new bike, with front and rear suspension. Good stuff, and real comfy as well. I'm going to get in shape. I have to. I want my gut to go away, so this good weather is really going to be great.

5. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Yeah 2004 was not a good year for me bikewise. :( I am trying to get back to where i was...

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I love winter, because there are less people in the gym.