Ahhh...winter fat

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DougP, Mar 19, 2005.

1. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    went for my first bike ride of the year today. about 50 degrees outside when i went. course i am completely out of shape from the winter. but sure feels good to be out getting some excercise in decent weather for a change.

i used to live in san diego, i sure miss being able to ride almost year round, i am too much of a wuss to go out riding when its below 45-50 degrees. ha ha

anyone else excited for the biking season?
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I don't bike, but the Mrs' is getting one from me for her b'day in May (actually I'm getting it within a month).

I did spend a good long time working in the yard today... bright, sunny and warm here in Jersey
  3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

anyone else excited for the biking season?

My friends around here have been mountain biking all winter this year. I bought a ski pass, and only got in 16 days, but I'm still ahead of the curve for the last few winters, lard-wise.

The bike and the windsurfing equipment both are gonna get broken out real soon, if the weather pattern holds.
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Last fall I just got a new bike, with front and rear suspension. Good stuff, and real comfy as well. I'm going to get in shape. I have to. I want my gut to go away, so this good weather is really going to be great.
  5. bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Yeah 2004 was not a good year for me bikewise. :( I am trying to get back to where i was...
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I love winter, because there are less people in the gym.