Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ahhhh...Tone Heaven!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by berklee46, Apr 18, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Allan's post has inspired me, so I had to take a picture of my new rig. I replaced a 2x10 and 1x15 with these new 1x12's. I can't get over how great these cabs sound together. Really full and punchy at the same time!:

[​IMG]

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Now THAT is something we're going to really have to explore the ins and outs of - check it out ya'll...

He's got SURROUND SOUND in his bass rig! Where does your Dolby Processor go?

(sweet lookin rig BTW. spill the beans - how does the Epifani complement the Aguilar?)

3. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    You know, when I saw the picture, I figured someone would say something about the Bose stereo speakers in there!

As far as the Aguilar & Epifani cabs go, I had intended to only buy one of them when I was driving to check them out, but ended up being able to try them out side by side.

To my ears, the Aguilar had a little stronger lower-mids, while the Epifani had a little more upper-mids than the Aguilar did.

Seperately, both sounded wonderful, but after A/B'ing them a few times, I noticed what each one's strong points were (neither had *any* weak points). Once I played them together, it blew me away - full, tight, punchy, loud - you name it! I use really light strings on my Status basses and this rig makes it sound SO full. :D

4. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Whoa. Very nice rig you have there. Congrats!

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, and that WW probably doesn't hurt things much, either.

6. I did a 112 shootout and found the epi to be the perfect compliment to the Ag's dark nature. You should try an ag with either the Epi or either of the Bergies. there is a whole spectrum of richness that comes out!