Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AI Clarus DI Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kjones, Aug 18, 2005.

1. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I have an Acoustic Image Clarus 2R (Series 2) which I will be using in an upcoming stage production, because my cabinet will only be for the rest of the orchestra, as I will be going through the front of house.

I'm looking for people who have used the DI built into the Clarus. Is the quality coming out of that sufficiently high, or should I use a good DI box to go over to the FOH? I guess I'm asking about the quality of the transformer the Clarus uses for its DI.

Thanks for your help.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    listen for yourself...

www.basstasters.com

i like the DI'd tone. quite warm, and very sweet. nothing artificial or plastic about it.

3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Joker, thank you very much for referring me over to Basstasters. For some reason, that never even crossed my mind. It's especially nice that one of his reference basses is one I'm pretty familiar with!

I agree with you, the tone sounds pretty nice to me. I was looking for a very traditional sound, and I think I will be able to dial that in with the help of the sound guys.

Thanks again.