Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AI Focus

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steve S, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have two 4 ohm cabs and would like to know if the AI Focus can power both of them together.

2. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Italy
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    I've had nothing short of success powering both 2 4ohm Schroeder (very efficient cabs) and 2 4ohm Acme (power hungry).
    Everything else is in the middle, efficiency-wise, so I think you can do that

3. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have the Schroeder 410 and 1212 and use them together when playing outdoor gigs...the best cabs that I've ever used. I know that the Focus can send 600 watts into one of the cabs...how much can it send to both of them?

4. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Italy
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    I hink that with a 2 ohm load, the Focus can send something in the region of 1000W, with my 1210 and a 1212 the output was really more than I could reasonably utilize...

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    As far as I know, the Focus only handles down to 4 ohms.
    Rick says, if you are carefull and don't push it, you can possibly do 2 ohms. Is there something here that I don't know about? The Focus isn't even rated at 2 ohms. Still, a great amp.

6. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Italy
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    You're right, Rick rated the Focus to 4 ohm minimum, but we tried it with a 2 ohm load, and it works perfectly, without seeming to suffer, both with Schroeder and Acme cabinets.
    Maybe if pushed at max, but there wasn't the need...

7. I did the same; tested the Focus and also the AI slave amp with a 2 ohm load for several hours, no problems at all.
    :)

8. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Is it any wonder people think the Focus is such a great piece
    of gear? So for bigger gigs, I can use my 4 ohm AND my
    8 ohm box together??? COOL!!!!!