Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aids/LifeCycle (Want to Help?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jaye, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hey everyone, I haven't been around here in awhile but I used to be a regular.

Aside from bass playing one of my other hobbies in life is road cycling.

This June I am participating in Aids/LifeCycle 5. It is a 7 day, 585 mile, bicycle trip down the coast of California from SF to Los Angeles.

The ride is raising money to help fight for a cure for Aids/HIV. I know there must be some folks on this board that either have the disease or know someone who does and would like to make a contribution.

I have commited to raising $2500 minimum by May 19th and am asking everyone to help as they can or as they see fit.

You can donate by going to http://www.aidslifecycle.org/6570

Even if you can't or decide not to donate please feel free to pass the website and info to anyone you know who might.

Remember even $1 can add up to alot when you consider how many members are on this board so don't think "I can't donate more than a few bucks so I might as well just forget it."

I apreciate all the help I can get and I am sure everyone out there that is strugling with Aids or HIV would apreciate it even more than I do.

Thanks!

2. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I'll bump this once just to see if todays crowd cares anymore than yesterdays, if not I'll let it die. Thanks.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hey... my friend does that... good stuff dude...

(Sorry I am sponsoring him... and am broke:) )

Its actually pretty nice event... so if you guys thinking about it... ya...

4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Good luck to you! I'll chip in. I did AIDS Lifecycle 3 and it was a blast. One of the other riders my year that I got to meet was Tracy Chapman!

:)
    Marshall

5. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I saw some pictures of her performing at camp one night, looks like a blast!

Thanks for anything you can chip in! I'll watch for it on my page. Thanks again!:hyper:

6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Bump.:)

Good luck man! Let me know how it goes...

Marshall

7. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Marshall,

Thanks a million for your donation! I really apreciate the help and will be sure to post back here as the months go on and a full report after June 10th...

~Mike