AIMS bass amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  2. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    A guitar player friend of mine bought an old AIMS 100 watt (or so) PA head about 5 years ago. It was a solid well built amp and he tried it for guitar as well. It sounds good either way. It seemed to have plenty of power. I don't know how it would work for bass though.

As a PA head through efficient speakers it was great as a band rehearsal amp in small rooms.

If that's a dedicated bass head it should be pretty good.

I didn't know AIMS was made by Fender. I did hear that George Harrison had an AIMS guitar amp that he liked.
  3. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    That was my first bass amp!! though not in orange. I have not been able to find any info on them either. I had mine for quite a few years, used it for my Taurus pedals when I got a Sunn concert for my bass. Don't even remember when I sold it. Wish I still had it now.

Keep us posted on info you find.
  4. Hey, I actually just sold that last night, so it's not available anymore, it's a really good bass amp, sounds like a little SVT when pushed and a bassman when kept clean, I'd keep an eye out for one if I were you. I'll miss the little bugger.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Years ago, a friend of mine had an AiIMS guitar amp. IIRC, the preamp circuit was very Fender and the power amp had 6550s in it. I believe that I have the schematic in my files at home.

I doubt that Fender ever owned AIMs...why would they?
  6. anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Check H/C user reviews, for info on aims amps. AIMS became the randall amp co. This head might make a cool bass amp. There suposed to be clean and super LOUD. One channel is voiced for bass, one for guitar. I have a VTG-120 4x10 combo that is awaiting a recap. If you buy this amp, give us a report.
  7. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    That amp is really interesting, I had never heard of them.

Its amazing what some research can do though. Post a review if you make the jump.