Ain't She Sweet/Just Walkin Down the Street....?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rickbass, Jul 31, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I'm not promoting any of these guys who took their first online bass building course at the MIMF.

But I think certain ones show promise. And I think they give us hope for the future of our chosen instrument.

Remember, these are their first efforts from an online course -

Just thought you'd like to see that there is an upcoming generation interested in our instrument.
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  3. rickbass

As long as they don't get discouraged by your Hanewinckel, geshel.

Man! That is so purty!
  4. doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo... erhm

anyway, thats a purdy bass

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The Basses look very there anymore info avalable on the luthier(s)?
  6. rickbass

Well, they're not even considered "luthiers" yet, Jauqo. They just made sure they had the tools required for the course, took the online course and made their first basses with guidance.

But, you can go to the MIMF website and contact them by clicking on their names. Just find the thread about the students who took Bill Moll's online course where each of them showed their work.

If I had a scintilla of manual arts talent, I'd have tried it, too. But I know all I can do is play `em. :(
  7. Those certainly show promise! I think they are very wise to study with experts who know what they're doing instead of buying a bandsaw and a couple of files and go after it!

It's a great foundation.

8. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Is that red top padauk?
  9. rickbass

Jeff - You know a lathe from a router. I bet you could make a bitchin' bass taking a course like that........if you ever had the time. :(
  10. rickbass

Have to ask the student who made it. I've learned not to trust digital pics on CRT's at all. I hated it when "Bass Player" started using digital pics in their reviews. The basses look like they're on Mars.

It could be satine or something else.
  11. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    They sure look nice,
    but i see that there is a lot of space between the strings and the fretboard ends at both sides on the fretted instrument.
  12. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Could some one post a link to that web site. I'm really interested in a course like that
  13. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yes those do look very nice.. if these are their first basses, I can't wait to see what they will come up with in the future..

and yes can you please post a link?
  14. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Oooh, those are very purrty. Congrats on the nice bass ya got there.
  15. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002