1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Airbourne

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BillMason, Mar 14, 2008.

1. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Anyone been listening to these guys? They're great! It's awesome to hear plain old basic rock and roll being done right once again, it's been a long time. And their bass player, while not flashy, certainly knows how to lay down a solid rock groove. Every song is a winner IMHO!!

I've heard comparisons with AC/DC, but I don't think that is justified, it's likely mostly due to their singer's voice and the band's overall energy level. If anything, maybe a throw back to the days of Bon Scott, but he sounds nothing like Bon Scott, and the band sounds nothing like AC/DC, but they do capture that "it's just rock and roll - let's f**king rock!!" attitude that AC/DC had way back when.

Great band, I recommend a listen!

2. For about a month every hour, on the hour, 96FM here in Perth have played "Too Hard Too Fast" or whatever it's called. It was good for the first week. Very reminiscent of AC/DC...at least that particular track is.

I keep meaning to check more of their songs out, but I never get around to it.

3. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah, that's the only single so far I think, and any song played too much really wears out its welcome fast. The rest of the album is great too.

4. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Its great that they're getting overseas recognition now!

yeah damn good aussie band. =]

5. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Meh. They're too reminiscent of Wolfmother, in that they cop too much from older bands without adding their own flavor. :meh:

6. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    So you're saying they cop too much from another band that itself wasn't original...or are you saying that they're both unoriginal but rip off different bands?

Never heard either, just curious.

7. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    hate them.... they do nothing original...

but that is just my opinion...

8. Metal Edge magazine here in the states had an article on them in the recent issue....Was pretty positive.

9. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    the latter.

10. Moreau

Moreau

Jan 3, 2006
    Canada
    Fake C / DC

11. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Wolfmother are more influenced by the 70s.
    Whereas Airbourne you'll hear more of an 80s sound. Not like Wolfmother at all i think

12. thats the opinion of perth.