1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Airline Restrictions

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RyRob813, Aug 1, 2007.

1. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    Flying to tomorrow. I wasn't sure if they would have a problem with creatine powder. It's only creatine, but I'm afraid it could misconstrued as anthrax or coke or something.

I would check the bag but I'm only taking one small suitcase that I'm carrying on.

Thanks!

2. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Do you absolutely need it? If so and ask an airline official BEFORE YOU GO THROUGH THE BAGGAGE DETECTORS.

3. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I've taken powders in my checked luggage plenty of times and have never had a problem. I wouldn't put it in my carry-on though.

4. If you've got to take it, take a new, sealed container of it. Is it an internal flight or an international one? If it's an international one, be aware that you can only carry very small quantities of liquid in your hand luggage (100ml or so) and the containers have to be placed in plastic bags. Also, you can't take anything sharp in your hand luggage (scissors, nail files, penknives, stuff like that). If you have anything like that, best to check in a bag/case with it all in, just to be on the safe side - there's a lot fewer restrictions on checked baggage.

5. Where ever you are going, can you nto just buy creatine there?

Creatine monohydrate or Creatine Ethyl Ester, in either form, its not really expensive.

6. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN

Haha you would think wouldn't you? However, I'm heading out to Fort Peck Montana. Idk how many Montaners there are on tb, but there's NOTHING there. The closest basic grocery store is 2 hours away from where I'm staying lol.

7. How long are you out there for? Missing it for a few days wont do anything, you could always buy it off the net.

Thats what i need to do as all there is where i am is berry fields, lots of berry fields :p

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm not sure it's worth it...missing your flight for a little bit of creatine...

9. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I've brought powders on flights many, many times... Usually protein, maltodextrin, and dextrose in different ziplock bags. lol One big bag of brown powder and two smaller ones of white powder does look pretty bad, but you're not carrying anything illegal so... what can they really do?

TSA inspected my bag in front of me at the airport twice... both times they took out the bags and said "What is this?" and I correctly identified the powders. I told them I'd eat all three if they wanted me to. They put them back and sent me on my merry way.

10. Chipsonfire

Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    My advice would be to tell someone what it is as soon as you can and maybe they can give you a sticker or some kind of mark to let other security know what you have is kosher. Either that or buy some after you land before you get to where you're staying (I really hope you aren't landing 2 hours from the nearest grocery store).