1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Airline Specifications?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 10, 2008.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I posted this in Misc., but realized that it really isn't music related, so it should probably be here instead:

No, this isn't another "How do I fly with an instrument" thread. I'm wondering if anyone here knows where I can find dimensions on airliners' overhead storage bins. I'm looking to go to the International GTG in New York, and if I can't carry-on a double gig bag, then I'm going to ship the basses up ahead of time.

The two jets that it looks like I'll be traveling on are the CRJ-100 and Boeing 767.

Any help is appreciated.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've fit a Fender hardshell bass case into a 767's overhead without a problem. Just make sure you get there first.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    There, as in, in the plane. I wouldn't recommend a gig bag either though, people cram things into those bins.

4. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    When I flew to hawaii, (both on the way there and the return) the airline people were totally chill with me putting my bass in the cabin closet, or captain's closet, or whatever the hell that closet in the very front is called. Just as soon as I stepped on the plane, I asked the attendant if they wanted me to put it in the closet, and in it went, safe for the whole trip.

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Asking these kind of questions is very dangerous. The NSA is probably tracking you right now. :ninja:

Just call the airline, they should be able to tell you what the dimensions are exactly.

6. This is the best way to do it.

lowsound