Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

airline wireless is out!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Aug 5, 2002.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    the new samson airline wireless is out to the public now. Anyone have one yet. Im having my local guitar store bring me one up on tuesday. Im pretty set on buying it, if sumone will tell me the freakin frequency range. The ads say they handle a 5 string no problem, and i only will play 4's so im not super worried. Ill at least try it out tommorow and give u guys a review. They said they were gonna be between $300 and $315 so well see.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok i emailed a guy at samson just to see if id get a response. Got a prompt response about what the frequency range is. Unfortunately it only goes down to 50hz. Not quite sure why this is any different than the guitar one, but it appears to be a huge rip off, too bad, i was very excited.

The Airline Bass System has a frequency response of 50 Hz to 15 kHz.
    Please include your original message so I can answer all your questions properly.

Chris Clay
    Customer Service

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    We all now know that 50 hz blows. The inference is yours to make.

4. Wareyin

Wareyin

Jul 13, 2002
    I can't believe that after all the hype about bass specific frequencies, it only goes down to 50Hz!!!

Did you play the one in the store yet, and if so, did it suck your low end out, hyperlitem? I have been very excited, too, but the only way I could try one out is if I ordered it (paid the $300 upfront), and I don't have that laying around. :(

Wareyin

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    no the store lied, they didnt really have any, that was kinda stupid. They just kept pushing the guitar one on me, saying that it worked fine for bass. I pretty much told them that that was scientifically impossible, but whatever.