Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Airline Wireless

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Razor, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    After much deliberation I have decided to let my wireless unit go. Great little unit but I am just not using it much these days. It's about a year old and in great shape. I'll get some actual pics available in the next couple of days but I'm throwing a link in here just so anyone interested knows exactly what I am talking about. I used this unit for probably a dozen or so shows and experienced no dropout whatsoever. Biggest thing I liked about this unit was that the receiver is the size of a stomp box so it sat nicely on my pedalboard. And yes, the few times I used a 5'er it tracked all the way down to the low B. I've also got the wall wart for it I'll throw in as well.
    I'm asking 200 firm plus shipping. Anyone interested lemme know.

Thanks.

Airline Bass Wireless

2. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Don't mean to just kick the tires but I am interested. Is UHF better than VHF? What kind of range does it have, (how far can you walk away from it?)

I'll check the funds in the next day or so....

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    UHF is a higher frequency range that VHF and is less cluttered. Range? Put it to you this way....I played a show in an old warehouse one night and I walked off stage, probably 50 yards line of sight and I could still hear the sound coming from my rig..I was so far away though it had natural delay on it!

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    In case your wondering, and I know you were, his rig IS that loud :eek:

Too bad I don't have a band, this would be a fun toy to have.

5. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    As promised...

6. Bump for a good guy.

I have one of these bad boys, and they are really great. I've had Shure, Sennheiser, and Carvin Wireless's, and this one beats all of them. It's convenient, is battery or adaptor powered and the transmitter is tiny. Very unobtrusive, yet high quality unit. Besides, Razor is super cool to do business with.

Good luck.

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Thx buddy..appreciate that! ;)

On a side note..I finally found a tone I am really liking (this week) when I ended up pushing my SVP-Pro preamp into the power section on the 400+, it really is a great sound! The 400+ has a good EQ section but the SVP just sounds....fuller to my ears. All in all...very happy with it! Thanks again.

Now somebody buy this wireless! :D

8. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    after mo'phats comment to me in another board, i seem very interested. due to fact i just spent $250 on another cab, i can only offer about $150 on it. and then 10-15 for shipping. I know you might be able to get more for it, but just in case you need the cash quick and no one decides to buy it, ill offer 150$ and the shipping cost. thanks.

9. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I appreciate the offer Matt. I'll keep it in mind.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm giving you this bump since i the money for it-but i bought a pre off a guy on this site a week or two ago and don't have any money [currently in debt $120 to my dad]. Good Luck-if it's still around in a few more weeks, i might be interested.

11. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Replied

12. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    i don't know about the standard version of this equipment, but i own the APB version which is strictly for bass and it rocks. sounds 10x better than cord.

13. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yeah..I still have it. This is the dedicated bass version, and although I don't think anything sounds as good as a cord..this sucker is pretty close. :p

14. Hmm, this looks nice....let's you walk all over the stage....been wanting one for ages......$200 dollars you say? Do you ship to England?

15. Ditto. I use one. It rocks. Worth every penny.

16. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Sale pending right now..I'll let yall know if it's falls through. And yes, I can ship it anywhere...but the shipping's on you. :D