1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Akai Deep Imapct issue..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jonno1707, Mar 2, 2008.

1. jonno1707

jonno1707

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    Well me deep impact fell face first off my amp and onto the floor..
    She still turns on and passes sound through but only in one setting and not really working right.
    The only knobs that work are for input and output setting...Cant switch patches or use the stomp on off at all??

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    uh oh. doesn't sound good. It may just be a problem with the switches if you're getting it to activate. Have you opened it up to have a look inside?

3. eshears

eshears

Jul 30, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    I had some issues with my Deep Impact acting all goofy. I sent mine to VST Service in CA. They resoldered some stuff and it has worked perfect since. The cost wasn't too bad either, considering what DI's fetch on eBay these days.

You might be able to find an authorized Akai repair shop closer to NY.

4. jonno1707

jonno1707

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    I haven't opened it up yet..
    Basically when I turn it on I can adjust the input and output volumes but cant change effects or get either stomp button to work..
    I will open her in the morning and see if there is something obvious..

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    jonno were you able to fix your DI?