1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Akai Deep Impact Demo!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheDialog, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
  2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Nice Job. I was thinking of doing some pedal reviews after I put together the Muse Bass Tones volumes 1, 2 and 3. I may have to go forward with it.

FWIW, my settings are completely different, and might provide a good database for those with the pedal.

Please send over your settings to me via PM, and I'll update the list I have with all the settings I have collected over the years.

3. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    Nice demo, never heard one before. Now I know that they're not worth $800. and up.

4. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Actually, they are. It totally depends on the settings of each, the way you play, and what you are going for. There are some very incredible usable tones throughout the pedal.

One persons version of the sounds should not a make or break for you.

5. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    The settings were just from messing around with the pedal when I got it. This is the 4th I've had. The first I took time to make settings I thought were cool. This one was just to make a demo of. If anyone wants me to film something specific just let me know and I'll shoot another.

6. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Same here. If you search youtube for my name, you will find "Muse Bass Tones volume 3" where I exclusively cover the Deep Impact in depth, and show his tones from this pedal.

7. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Have you started buying Jazz basses yet ;)?

8. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    I had one, and hated it. Sold the Status, and the Fender Jazz Deluxe, and use my Pedulla only.

I just added a Mastotron and B:Assmaster to the board, with a DOD FX25 and Ibanez Synth... I am branching out.

9. Bredian

Bredian

Apr 22, 2011
    Prices look crazy for this thing, $1K? are there pieces that can be bought from Akai?

Am I off on the price? Good source?

10. No. These have been discontinued for about a decade (or longer). Price is mostly in the mystique. 2 years ago they went for less half that. Supply and demand.

11. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I've had 4 and they've all sold for different prices, but $900-1k is the "norm". I had one that was practically brand new in the box that did the most I've ever seen one go for. It was mind blowing.

I think I'm going to do another demo of this and actually set the settings to sounds I enjoy.

Anyone want to see something special?

12. kkrivoshein

kkrivoshein

Nov 9, 2011
    i have had one for around 6 years now and play in a pop band....this thing saved my butt. for all those sythny 80's pop bass lines like 99 balloons etc......this thing does them....as welll as all the new stuff.
    the best part is how tweakable it is....you can blend stuff in and save presets nicely. Not a pedal for the average rock guy.....but if you are in the pop or funk world...this pedal has some tricks i have not heard others accomplish

13. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807

Aug 6, 2007
    It just doesn't seem worth the price to me, I could probably cop most of these tones from running a few Boss' together. Akai should just reissue the thing or make something newer and better, but $1000? Lmao...