Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

akai deep impact repairs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scoote3639, Aug 6, 2005.

1. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    i have an akai deep impact that ive been using since they first came out and its begining to not track properly.does anyone know of someone who repairs these? if not,any suggestions as to a replacement?..thanks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    First course of action should be to contact the manufacturer: www.akaipro.com. They recommend one of two repair companies in the US (I assume you're in the states because your profile isn't filled out)

East Coast: (Paramus, NJ) www.tsirepair.com or 201-670-1767
    West Coast: (Pasadena, CA) www.vstservice.com or 626-794-0052

3. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    thanks... jeez ...youre right..the manufacturer would be the first logical place to look.im also new at this forum world so please forgive any ineptitudes. such as not having a profile filled out.i didnt even know about that.... i will check into it and correct this.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, now that you're here, glad to have you. Really is an honor to have answered your first post. LOL.

We're a fun loving group here, but we certainly like to know who we're talking to. Welcome to the group, and remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    unless its about the differences between US and russian big muffs or Qtron, Mini Q and Dr Q.. in which case dont ask! :)

6. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    thanks for the welcome.ive filled out my profile.off to rehearsals.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    great thread, thanks!!!

:)

8. what's the difference between US and russian EHX pedals?
    :bag:

:D

9. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    yeah you had better hide! :)