Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Deep Impact: serious problem: effect not working

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gillento, Jan 3, 2006.

1. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I just got a used Akai Deep Impact pedal. Problem is this: when I engage the on/off button, sometimes the selected effect engages. At other times, nothing beside a crackling sound is happening. No effect sound, no LED blinking. It seems that there is a bad connection. I have opened the unit but can't find any blatant bad soldering. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Has this pedal really a true bypass? There are only 2 wires connected to the on/off switch.

2. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    If the LED's are going off I would've thought it was a power supply issue? I'm not sure though, so everyone feel free to correct me.

Just try pushing the power supply in a bit further when it goes off and if that doesn't work then you know it can't be my solution.

3. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
  4. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah on second thought it could be you have the wrong power supply for it...Did it come with one? And if it did, is it the Akai one?

5. The only time I had the problem you describe was when I tried to use a common power supply on my pedalboard but when I went back to the oem supply no problems. I have had to occasionally reboot the unit by unpluging the power supply, wait 30 seconds and plug the power supply back in.