Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Deep Impact settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 31, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi all, I just recently acquired an Akai Deep Impact bass synth, and it's very nice for what it does. There are two things I could wish for: one is more memory slots so you can store more than nine presets, and the other is some access to the guts so you can load sounds into it, maybe hook up a MIDI controller to the parameters, that kind of thing. I have two questions, one general and one specific. The general one is, does anyone know where I can get a schematic for it? I'm pretty good with electronics, and I'd like to see what the circuit is all about, to find out how hard it would be to interface into it. The specific question is, I need to dial up a Jon Lord organ sound for the beginning of Space Truckin'. Does anyone have any favorite settings for this purpose? Any other thoughts or comments on the Deep Impact?

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    This has definately been posted before... {mounts high horse} ..and you my good sir should know better! ;)

3. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ouch! Methinks I've been dismounted in yon joust. I shall search for this grail, and if I find it not I shall fall upon my sword. :)

4. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Thanks guys. Seems there's no need to end things today. :)

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
  6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan