Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Deep Impact?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Feb 18, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I know there was a discussion about this effect in a previous thread, but I was wondering if anyone had it. I've read some really good reviews on it, but is it worth 385 bucks? It'd have to be pretty darn good!

Anyway, I may need a synth effect sometime soon (electronic music, you know...) and I hated the Boss SYB-3...

2. i dont know if your talking US dollars here but you can buy the Akai Deep IMpact for about 170 anywhere.

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Nah, this is Canada... 170 USD is probably not far off from 385 CAND these days :p

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've been using one since christmas (thanks to the wife!) and I really like it above and beyond the boss synth... you can store nine different synth settings in that thing, I think they all track really well, and it's cheaper than the boss.... I don't think you can go wrong with it! btw, I wasn't looking for a synth, my wife got it for me for christmas... I was originally going to take it back, but then I started playing with it, and had to keep it!

P@

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    *In voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons*:

COOLEST WIFE EVER!!!

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

My wife just saw that, and said thanks! ;)

P@

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the Boss synth pedal & the Deep Impact...the Deep Impact smokes the Boss unit! The Deep Impact also can be used as a good octave divider.
    Aloha, Jerry