Akai Deep Impact?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by thrash_jazz, Feb 18, 2002.

1. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    I know there was a discussion about this effect in a previous thread, but I was wondering if anyone had it. I've read some really good reviews on it, but is it worth 385 bucks? It'd have to be pretty darn good!

Anyway, I may need a synth effect sometime soon (electronic music, you know...) and I hated the Boss SYB-3...

2. i dont know if your talking US dollars here but you can buy the Akai Deep IMpact for about 170 anywhere.

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Nah, this is Canada... 170 USD is probably not far off from 385 CAND these days :p

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've been using one since christmas (thanks to the wife!) and I really like it above and beyond the boss synth... you can store nine different synth settings in that thing, I think they all track really well, and it's cheaper than the boss.... I don't think you can go wrong with it! btw, I wasn't looking for a synth, my wife got it for me for christmas... I was originally going to take it back, but then I started playing with it, and had to keep it!

P@

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    *In voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons*:

COOLEST WIFE EVER!!!

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

My wife just saw that, and said thanks! ;)

P@

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have the Boss synth pedal & the Deep Impact...the Deep Impact smokes the Boss unit! The Deep Impact also can be used as a good octave divider.
    Aloha, Jerry