SOLD Akai EWI4000S wind synthesizer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by craigb, Feb 20, 2018.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Hey Y'all,

Before I played bass I played sax, and as part of continuing that I picked up one of these cool wind synths. However I haven't touched it more than one or two dozen times over the last few years, have let my tenor become unplayable through dried out pads, and have generally given up on playing winds. So I'm ready to let this go and turn it into bass or other stringed instrument gear (I like not having to blow into my instrument(s) to get sounds).

EWI4000S

The sounds are built-in and you can plug in either via midi or a 1/4" instrument cord. I used to plug it into a small guitar amp the couple of times I played it live. I also bought the Patchman music upgraded patches for it and those are installed. I have to dig around and see if they came on a disc or if I have anything related to them other than the patches installed in the EWI and the printed out patch list I have in the case.

It's in pretty minty condition and has all the pieces-parts - manual, ac adapter, neckstrap, etc. I also have it in a nice soprano sax case that fits it very nicely.

I'll get some pics up sometime if there is interest.

$450 shipped lower 48, paypal OK

The only trade things I'd be interested in are:

- empress G&L SB-1, SB2, LB-100 (or maybe JB-2 or L2K) with 1.5" nut width, 12" radius satin neck
    - Audiokinesis Hathor 1203 cab (4 Ohms)

2. gnergaard

gnergaard

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I have a friend here in Chicago who is very interested...but he's not on talk bass.
    Can I have him contact you outside of TB?
    If so what is your preferred email addy or phone number?
    Thanks,
    Greg

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021