Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Intelliphase

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ely, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Akai Intelliphase

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Boss PH-3

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Other (if so, which one?)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. You don't need a phaser (I probably don't, but I'm GASin' for something) Get back to saving for a Tu

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    I was checking out effects online the other day and came across the Akai Intelliphase phaser pedal. It's discontinued and the website was selling it for $50! I want a phaser eventually, and would like to know if this would be a good buy. How does it compare to the Boss phaser (PH-3 I think)? I know Akai has a bunch of other good effects.
    I wanted to save for a Proco Turbo Rat and then add effects later (after the Rat maybe a Chorus/Flange or Phaser, then a Synth or Filter of some kind) but if this is discontinued I might not have another chance to get it. Please give me some suggestions on other phasers if I am convinced to pass this up.
    Thanks

2. Bumpy. Just seeing if any other TBers have used this pedal since 2002, and what they thought. The hard and soft touch options seem really cool. Akai usually puts out quality product IME, and I'm interested in the opinion of others.

3. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    I had one. I used it on my first album. Check out the song "Mystery" on our reverberation page in my sig, and you will hear it in the pre chorus. I loved it, but I got rid of it to get something else, and went back to buy it from GC (where I traded it) and it was gone.

It took them 12 months to sell it, and when I finally remembered it was there... It was gone..

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I own an Intelliphase. It's incredibly versatile and sounds good on nearly every setting. You should buy it, IMO.

5. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    ^This.