1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Akai SB-1 Deep Impact: excessive noise

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnvice, Oct 8, 2006.

1. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    After not using my Deep Imapct for a year, I'm getting back into it and was surprised how noisy the unit is. During the rests/spaces between notes, it is dead silent but when I'm playing notes, the background noise level seems excessive.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's one of the reasons I sold all three I've ever owned.

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Hey. I had a similar problem with mine after not playing it for a while. The output was all of a sudden very very low (no matter how hot the input was) and there the patches all of a sudden had a background fuzz that shouldnt have been there. I thought it was broken and was going to take it to the tech or sell it for cheap then I cleaned the input and output jacks. To my great surprise, this fixed the problem.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021