Akai Unibass [Octave up w/ 5th up or 4th down and distotion on synth note(s)]

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by King David, Jul 18, 2001.

1. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Has anybody tried this yet? It has been out a while, but I have only seenone review at Harmony Central. I seems cool. It has two switches. One for off and on and one to "modify" the on sound. You can have it add either a 5th up or a 4th down. You can add distortion to the synthesized note too. It sounds like a neat box, but I want to hear more about it first.

They sell it at www.musictoyz.com and www.musiciansfriend.com. There is nobody in town that has it.

I found sounds:
  2. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Southborough, MA
    That sounds like a cool pedal. I think I want one. That and the Akai synth-bass pedal.
  3. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    Dude, I should be getting this effect sometime within a day or two. I'll let you know when I get it.
  4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    I thought it sounded like a cool pedal. I would like to hear more about it, and/or try it.

FOE_Bass, I woul be real interested in how it is. The review at harmony central was very detailed and in favor of it. I read another somewhere out there that said it stunk. The stinky one did not go into detail, so I am wondering if it was just a bad taste.