1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Akai Unibass [Octave up w/ 5th up or 4th down and distotion on synth note(s)]

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by King David, Jul 18, 2001.

1. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Has anybody tried this yet? It has been out a while, but I have only seenone review at Harmony Central. I seems cool. It has two switches. One for off and on and one to "modify" the on sound. You can have it add either a 5th up or a 4th down. You can add distortion to the synthesized note too. It sounds like a neat box, but I want to hear more about it first.

They sell it at www.musictoyz.com and www.musiciansfriend.com. There is nobody in town that has it.

I found sounds:
    http://www.pek.ch/akai/eff_demo.htm

2. That sounds like a cool pedal. I think I want one. That and the Akai synth-bass pedal.

3. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    Dude, I should be getting this effect sometime within a day or two. I'll let you know when I get it.

4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    I thought it sounded like a cool pedal. I would like to hear more about it, and/or try it.

FOE_Bass, I woul be real interested in how it is. The review at harmony central was very detailed and in favor of it. I read another somewhere out there that said it stunk. The stinky one did not go into detail, so I am wondering if it was just a bad taste.