Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Unibass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Higgie, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I just bought one. How is the tracking, and does the octave up effect sound "Synthy" without the distortion?

2. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    The clips I've heard have sounded really good. I wants one desperately :(

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia

maybe you can tell us yourself when you receive it :)

4. I have one. The tracking is good as long as you have enough signal going into the unit. It has a difficult time discerning notes that are played softly for whatever reason. As long as the tracking is there, it sounds awesome. The one drawback might be that once you take it off, your sound seems to be be missing something, though I can't exactly call that a drawback. :)

Have fun!

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Thanks all you guys.

And Xan, of course I will. It should be here within a Week.

6. Like uncledex said, tracking all depends on getting the right input level. Too little and it will glitch and give false notes and too much and you get that nasty digital distortion. I find the octave sound to be very versatile depending on how I set the overdrive and tone controls. I get everything from a jazzy tone, both controls all down- 8 string bass no overdrive and tone half way up- bluesy gtr ovrdr 3-5 tone 3-5- to balls out heavy metal full on both controls. Adding the 5th up or 4th down adds a rhythm gtr fullness. Add to that the versatility of running the octave out thru efx and a seperate amp and the possibilities are pretty endless.