1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale AKG C411L contact mic / MPA V L phantom adapter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by JeffKissell, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JeffKissell

JeffKissell Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Soquel, CA
    Price:
    $185
    AKG C411L contact mic and AKG MPA V L phantom adapter. $185 OBO
    These are the separate units so you can have a small, light weight set-up on your bass without the (large, heavy) XLR adapter attached to the tailpiece. This little unit is a mic and sounds like it but works more like a pick-up! The volume and rejection before feedback is really impressive. It requires phantom power but can be used with a Headway or similar pre-amp that supplies 12v or 18v. (I'm also including a 15' and a 5' mini xlr cable to run between the mic and the phantom adapter, they add a small bit of noise to the signal but can be a really convenient option.)

I bought this whole rig from DRURB here on Talkbass a couple of months ago and have gigged with it a couple of times. He has a lengthy description here (the link to his thread.)

Price includes shipping ConUS
    PayPal preferred

-Jeff

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. klem.gote

klem.gote

Jan 18, 2009
    New England
    Bass Player
    I'm very interested but not quite sure about the set-up and whether it will work with my amp.

3. JeffKissell

Nov 21, 2004
    Soquel, CA
    What amp are you using?

4. klem.gote

klem.gote

Jan 18, 2009
    New England
    Bass Player
    Mostly Acoustic Image Clarus

5. JeffKissell

Nov 21, 2004
    Soquel, CA
    If it is a Clarus with phantom power and a combo/xlr input then you are all set. The mic requires phantom power and the Clarus provides 48v.

6. neddyrow

neddyrow Bike Commuter but not a Bike Enthusiast Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    These are great mics! I have one and use it for many different applications!

GLWTS