1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AKG UHF PR40 Guitarbug Wireless for Bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by padenski, Mar 6, 2008.

1. padenski

padenski

Feb 19, 2008
    Landenberg, PA
    A fellow bassist gave me his practically brand new AKG PR-40 and GB40 Guitar bug to use as long I would like. I have done some searching and apparently this item has been discontinued. My question is whether or not this unit is suitable for a bass (5 string)? I read that the transmitter is good for all frequencies from 40 - 20,000 hz.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

2. treebranch13

treebranch13

Oct 31, 2007
    I have one, and it has the lowest frequency response you can get for less that $1000. Try it out, see how you like it. It is pretty awesome down to low D, idk about B though.

3. doctec

doctec

Mar 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Not true anymore. I just bought an X2 system which has a low frequency cutoff at 10Hz. The stompbox version has a street price of $299. I bought the rack mount version for $499 and I'll be trying it out for the first time at a gig this weekend. :hyper:

4. I also just got the X2 rack mount and you just really can't tell the difference between it and a good cable. I have not used it on a gig yet, but at rehearsal the other night I was flat out amazed. But then again a guitar bug for free, well you do the math........

Good luck,
    Jimi

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    X2 is the best. I got the portable version, and it's only slightly less deluxe than the rackmount version.