1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Submission Al Green - Let's Stay Together Bass Line w/tabs and standard notation

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Jloch86, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    Leroy Hodges

Attached Files:

Cuzzie, Kelly robinson, jebmd and 4 others like this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    I have a favour to ask.
    Can you stop uploading these brilliant videos for a couple of weeks so i can learn the ones you've got already!

Seriously though, you're doing great work.

consectaneus and Jloch86 like this.
  3. FatFunk

FatFunk

Jan 5, 2015
    Man, I've been trying to transcribe that one. But it's soooo hard to pick up what the bass is playing. How did you pull it off?

4. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    I basically have no life. I turn it up real loud, set the eq to turn down everything over 800hz, and listen hard. I used to think there wasn't a bass player, but there is!

I know what you're saying though. It's very difficult to hear the bass on ALL of those classic Al Green tunes.

jebmd and Fat Freddy like this.
  5. consectaneus

consectaneus

Sep 23, 2016
    I just recently joined and ventured over here and noticed these. I'd never seen the follow the bouncing ball format, which along with the rhythmic notation (something sorely missing from a lot of tab), is pretty genius. Thanks for figuring out all these great tunes and for sharing them!

Oddly likes this.
  6. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    The night of the fight you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ----ing with you. Pride only hurts. It never helps.

7. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE............

ec48688a18db17b406c506e3ea258b5d.jpg

jebmd and Thuddy Waters like this.
  8. slagheap

slagheap

Dec 23, 2011
    wow. baby! thnx for this.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021