Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Al Laszlo -- Cincinatti Conservatory

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by bassplayermike, Sep 10, 2004.

1. bassplayermike

bassplayermike

Sep 10, 2004
    hey guys,

i just joined the site and think its very informative but i have a few questions myself. i just got accepted to cincinnati conservatory of music and will be studying with al laszlo. my audition/lesson was really good with him but just wanted some insight on how he teaches cause im really eager to find out.

thanx

2. LaurenBell

LaurenBell

Aug 10, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow! I live in Cincinnati! Good for you for getting into CCM! Both of my parents went there (they actually majored in choral performance and choral conducting, my mom played the violin though). But anyways, about the teacher, I haven't taken a lesson from him. I've actually thought about it though, and my dad has talked to some CCM students and they've all said how much they love him. If you're ever looking for another teacher in the Cincinnati area just to take another lesson with or whatever, I study from Rick Vizachero from the CSO, and he's awesome. Other good teachers are Debbie Taylor, Steve Ullery, Matt Zory, and Wayne Anderson. Good luck at CCM!

3. Debbie Taylor was my teacher in Cincinnati. Glad to hear she is still going strong. I'd recommend her to anyone.

4. LaurenBell

LaurenBell

Aug 10, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I take lessons from Debbie occasionally when Rick's out of town. One of my really good guy friends was one of Debbie's students. He's going to Oberlin this year.